Postdoctoral Single-Cell Analysis of Head and Neck Cancer (0.8 – 1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Science
Maximum salary: € 4,166 gross/month
Vacancy number: 62.79.18
Application deadline: 28 October 2018
As a postdoctoral researcher you will be working in an inspiring and collaborative research environment. This ambitious project aims to understand why some head and neck tumour cells respond to therapy, whereas others do not. Using our recently developed single-cell approaches, combined patient-derived xenograft models and bioinformatic approaches, you will study the molecular basis of drug response.
You will join our internationally renowned research team at the Department of Molecular Development Biology, Radboud Institute for Molecular Life Sciences (RIMLS), Faculty of Science, Radboud University, (Nijmegen, Netherlands). We offer a first-class international research environment in regulation of gene expression and epigenetics using state-of-the-art genomic, single-cell analysis, proteomic technologies and bioinformatics. We run our own next-generation sequencers, single-cell equipment, mass spectrometers, accommodate a bioinformatics team, and use a local computational infrastructure.
What we expect from you
- a PhD in molecular or cellular biology, molecular life sciences, or a related field;
- experience in state-of-the-art molecular biology, preferentially single-cell transcriptomics;
- strong analytical skills, a problem-solving and a result-oriented attitude;
- creative and innovative thinking and a high degree of independence;
- affinity with bioinformatic analysis of large datasets.
What we have to offer
- employment: 0.8 – 1.0 FTE;
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,166 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10);
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- duration of the contract: 2 years ;
- Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO): Postdoctoral Researcher, Level 4;
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
The Faculty of Science at Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Would you like to know more?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
dr. Klaas Mulder
Telephone: +3124 361 68 50
Are you interested?
You should upload your application (attn. of dr. Klaas Mulder) exclusively using the button ‘Apply’ below. Your application should include (and be limited to) the following attachment(s):
- Motivation letter
- CV including the names of two references
to apply, go to the Radboud University Job Openings site: